New Gablehouse Farm Daylily Branduser
Gablehouse Farm & Gardens began in 2004 when Jeff and Carolyn moved to the farm that has been in Carolyn’s family since 1946.
After extensive clean-up from over 30 years of renters, Carolyn started experimenting with different ‘crops’ that she and Jeff could produce and market. They tried various annuals, herbs, perennials, trees, fruits, and vegetables. Through a series of serendipitous events, daylilies became their specialty.
Today, Gablehouse Farm & Gardens is still run by Jeff and Carolyn – aided by occasional help from other family members.
We have grown from a 600 square foot garden plot, with less than 75 cultivars, to become a leading Daylily Specialty Nursery on the Canadian Prairie Provinces with over 450 varieties. Thousands of daylilies are shipped annually to commercial growers, municipalities, and residential gardeners across Canada. Each year new varieties are added to our on-line catalogue of over 400 cultivars, of Zone 2 hardy daylilies.
One major goal of Gablehouse Farm & Gardens has always been to help our customers be successful in growing what we still consider to be the ‘perfect perennial.’ To expand on this theme we have chosen a line of daylilies worthy to bear the brand, ‘GABLEHOUSE FARM DAYLILY’. We understand the importance of offering top-notch product value, reliable service, and authoritative information for our customers.
GABLEHOUSE FARM DAYLILIES ARE TOP OF THE LINE CULTIVARS FOR CANADIAN COLD CLIMATES. HERE’S WHY:
1) Superior ‘Proven to Please’© quality stock: Gablehouse Farm daylilies offer the highest quality in registered hemerocallis roots. They are vegetatively propagated; hardy; and vigorous – with prolonged flowering times of up to six weeks – as well as exhibiting clean foliage for the entire growing season. Rich, vibrant colors play well with other perennials – as well as adding real WOW FACTOR when used ‘en masse’, or as specimen plantings.
2) Exclusive Selection: The ‘Gablehouse Farm Daylily’ is selected from a collection of over 450 cultivars growing in our gardens. As cultivars prove to give high and consistent garden value, they are added to our permanent inventory. Because we do not hybridize at this time, daylilies that fail to thrive are composted and replaced with varieties that prove to be hardy. You will be pleased with your choices.
3) The Best New Cultivars from our Trial Gardens: New Canadian and American cultivars are added yearly to the ‘Gablehouse Farm Daylily’ brand as they are tried, analyzed and proven to perform well. Ideally, division takes place in the spring and summer to provide large plants for the following years digging and shipping. All daylilies are field grown and sold as bare root stock. Only the ‘best of the best’ carry the ‘Gablehouse Farm Daylily’ brand.
4) Helpful, Customer-focused Information: We are pleased to be at your service to help with everything from specific cultivar information, to ordering information on your purchases. Each ‘Gablehouse Farm Daylily’ will have brief Garden Notes included in our on-line catalogue as well as regular cultivar information. We invite you to call or email with your questions and concerns.
‘Gablehouse Farm Daylilies’ carry a GUARANTEE of being healthy and true to type when they leave our care. If a plant proves to be unsatisfactory, we request that you return it so that a replacement can be made. A nice “we are really sorry” bonus will be included for the inconvenience.
5) On Farm Events and Garden Support: We understand that in today’s world, having a great product is only one piece in the puzzle toward successful gardening. We also offer hands-on events where our customers see and learn from first -hand experience the benefits of growing daylilies – as well as the relative ease with which these beautiful plants can be cultivated.